Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I have been putting off this post for awhile. You'll forgive my lack of eloquence, but this is going to have to be a nuts and bolts, medical update only.

Mom and Dad saw Dr. Kelly last week, and she confirmed what we had suspected - this current chemo is the end of the line for treatment. Dad will have another scan in 2 weeks, and if he's not responding to treatment, then that's it. If he is responding, even then, I think we're looking at a very finite amount of time. Dr, Kelly did not give any estimate of how long he may have, as it's very dependent on the next scan. Dad is continuing to get weaker and weaker, we can see that he is failing. He is also scared and lonely, and that's hard to see. If you are reading this and you know my Dad, please take the time to drop him a note or give him a call, it would mean a lot to him. Thank you to St. Michael's Pastoral Care, who continue to be supportive and amazing throughout this. Dad loves all your visits! Keep my Father in your prayers.

2 comments:

Paula Preston said...

I accidently came across your web page whilst looking for a song. I have been touched by the way you are able to talk about your situation so openly. I wish you and your family well and hope your father builds his strength to fight his cancer. I truely wish you all the hope in the world Christine and admire you immensely.

Christine said...

Thank you so much! Writing is cathartic, it's a gift I got from my Dad, one I'm immensely grateful for! Thanks for stopping by!