Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Letting the days go by, water flowing underground"

I move in slow automatic pilot, not sleeping and going through the motions of the day, time seems to slow down at the hospital, I never have any sense of what time of day it is. When I get home, it seems to speed up as I try to fit in everything I have to get done. I drove in early this morning with the sunrise illuminating the clouds pink and cars and people buzzing by me in rush hour traffic, the bustle of morning, the mundane droning on of life.

Dad is the same today, still out of it, but awake. We don't know anything more, waiting on the doctors to do rounds and the social worker to come in.

4 comments:

Julie Mierau said...

My prayers are with Scott and your family.

Julie Mierau

Jann Goodpaster said...

I worked with father for several years through his relationship to IRES. Please let his know that I am thinking about him. Jann Goodpaster, Portland, OR.

Hazel Mosby said...

God's unfailing love is from everlasting to everlasting. Scott, you and your Family a so blessed to have each other and most assuredly the Mighty Presence of God. I am glad that you allowed us (the IRES Family and State Insurance Regulators) to experience your journey of Love. Keep the faith! The Victory is yours.

Prayerfully for yours,

Fallen Angel said...

This is the same time of year 3 years ago that my dad passed. It was on Sept 2nd 2006. It is still dark, but not as hard. I still cry though.
The world is a much darker place without him in it.

You aren't alone. At all.

I love the picture on the front, of you and your dad.
I have one too like that.

And everything you said a few posts ago, when he wasn't lucid, and getting near the end, it all brought it all back to me so much.

Peace comes slowly.
And please know that the moments that you are spending with him right now help that peace to come later.

But its still a much darker place. Even still.